Basic Teriyaki BurgersBy burrger • Dec 11th, 2007 • Category: Burger Recipes
A very basic Teriyaki burger recipe that uses store bought Teriyaki sauce mixed in with the ground beef and brushed on to the patties whilst cooking them.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 tablespoon Teriyaki marinade sauce
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- knob of butter
- cooking spray
- Heat a skillet over a medium heat and melt the knob of butter. Add the sliced onion and sauté them until soft and slightly browned. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the minced beef, 4 tablespoons of the Teriyaki marinade, ginger powder and fried onions. Keep some of the Teriyaki marinade aside. Form the mixture into 4 patties and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Fry or grill the patties for 4 minutes on each side and brush with the left over Teriyaki marinade.
- Serve with toasted burger buns and cheese slices.