Caramelized Onion Relish RecipeBy burrger • Dec 12th, 2007 • Category: Burger Recipes
This is a very simple Caramelized Onion Relish recipe that tastes great either hot or cold. Caramelized Onions have a natural sweet taste and can provide a very succulent addition to any burger.
- 4 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup premium olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of premium balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over a medium heat. Stir in the onions and salt and cover. Cook for around 5 minutes or until the onions have softened slightly.
- Now uncover and sauté the onions, stirring frequently, until they are tender and very well browned. This should take around 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the balsamic vinegar. You can serve this hot or cold.