Chicken Teriyaki BurgersBy burrger • Dec 11th, 2007 • Category: Burger Recipes
These Chicken Teriyaki Burgers are a very healthy alternative to the usual beef burgers and have lots of flavors too. The ground chicken is mixed with Teriyaki sauce and fresh herbs. Makes 4 Chicken Teriyaki Burgers.
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons of Teriyaki sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Mix the ground chicken with all of the ingredients in a large bowl and combine well using your hands. If you want a little more heat then you can add an extra jalapeño pepper.
- Allow the chicken mixture to rest for 2 hours in the refrigerator, this will give the flavors time to infuse the meat.
- Shape the mixture into 4 patties and fry or grill the patties for around 4-5 minutes on each side or until they are cooked through.
- Try serving these with a sweet relish or a slice of pineapple.