Christmas BurgersBy burrger • Dec 20th, 2007 • Category: Burger Recipes
Fed up of the same old cheeseburger? Want something festive in your burgers? These Christmas burgers should help.
It’s that special time of the year and to celebrate the redesign of www.cheese-burger.net I thought I would find a Christmas Burger recipe to add to the collection.
I found this recipe for Christmas burgers on this site, it captures some flavors of Christmas and is very easy to make.
- 1/2 lb premium pork sausages, skins removed
- 3/4 lb turkey breast, roughly minced
- 3 rashers smoked bacon, chopped
- 4 scallions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp of mustard
- Half teaspoon crushed chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of fruit chutney
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons of oil for cooking
- 6 American cheese slices (optional)
- 6 Burger Buns
- Place the sausage meat, turkey breast, scallions, bacon, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and fruit chutney into a food processor or blender and blend just a for a few seconds. Now take off the lid and sprinkle on the salt, pepper and chili flakes evenly. Blend again until it all forms a course mince.
- Use a spatula to scoop out the mixture and form it into 6 equal size burger patties. You can put flour on your hands to prevent the Christmas burger mixture from sticking.
- Fry in a little oil 3 burgers at a time over a medium/low heat for 6-8 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Thats it, if you try this recipe please come back and leave a comment!
Suggested burger topping: at Christmas your kitchen should be full of festive topping ideas – experiment! More burger topping ideas.