Extra Rich Cheeseburger Soup RecipeBy burrger • Dec 12th, 2007 • Category: Burger Recipes
This Extra Rich Cheeseburger Soup Recipe uses butter, sour cream and cheddar cheese to create a full bodied and creamy soup. Rich Cheeseburger Soup Recipe serves 8.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- In a large pot melt 1 tablespoon of butter and add all of the chopped vegetables and simmer over a medium heat for 2 minutes before adding the ground beef. Cook until the beef is evenly browned.
- Stir in the dried basil, dried parsley, chicken broth and potatoes. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer until the potatoes are cooked. This should be around 10-12 minutes.
- Now in a separate pan melt the rest of the butter, stir in the flour until combined. Add the milk and mix and cook until smooth.
- Now slowly add the milk mixture to the soup and mix well. Bring to a boil and then simmer very very gently, or turn the heat off. Now add the cheddar cheese cubes and let them melt in, then add the sour cream.
- Finally warm the soup through but do not boil.
Extra Rich Cheeseburger Soup: serve hot and with lots of crusty bread rolls. Kids will love this.
- Original Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Bacon Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Extra Rich Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Asian Style Burger Soup Recipe
- Cheesy Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Minestrone Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Burger Patty Soup Recipe
- Easy Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Spicy Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Mexican Cheeseburger Soup Recipe