Fresh Green Chili Sauce RecipeBy burrger • Dec 12th, 2007 • Category: Burger Recipes
This is a great Fresh Green Chili sauce recipe that uses roasted green chillies and chopped tomatillos with a hint of cilantro.
- 14 fresh green chilies
- 3 tomatillos
- 1/4 cup green onions, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- squeeze of lime juice
- black pepper to taste
- Roast the green chillies over a gas flame or under a very hot broiler until their skins turn black. Place them in a paper or plastic bag for 10 minutes to steam the skins free. Remove the stems and peel then chop finely.
- Remove the husks of the tomatillos then boil them for around 3-4 minutes. Remove their seeds and chop them.
- Now simply combine the chillies, tomatillos, green onions, garlic, salt, pepper, lime juice and cilantro together. You can use a blender to get a more combined texture if you like.
This chili sauce will add a real fresh chili taste to any burger.