Gorgonzola Stuffed BurgersBy burrger • Dec 13th, 2007 • Category: Burger Recipes
Gorgonzola cheese is an age old Italian blue-cheese used in desserts and risotto. These Gorgonzola Stuffed Burgers have the rich and creamy cheese right in the center of the patty.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 oz. Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 burger buns
- a premium pepper relish for topping
- Combine the beef with the chopped onion, oregano and salt and pepper and mix well. Form the mixture into 4 equal size balls and then flatten out into patties.
- Cut the Gorgonzola cheese into 4 cubes and place one cube in the center of each patty, then form the patties into balls again with the cheese in the center.
- Now flatten the balls out again into patties and make sure the cheese is fully covered so it won’t leak out during cooking.
- Broil/Grill/Fry each burger for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the meat is fully cooked.
- Serve on toasted burger buns with lots of pepper relish.