Gourmet Cheeseburger Pie RecipeBy burrger • Dec 11th, 2007 • Category: Burger Recipes
Your family will love this Gourmet Cheeseburger Pie recipe, its secret is a layer of sautéed onions that give this cheeseburger pie a real succulent bite.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 unbaked pie pastry (to fit a 10-inch deep pie plate)
- 1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-2 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 3-5 tablespoons butter
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 pinch cayenne
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Fit the pastry into a 9 or 10-inch deep pie plate before making the filling.
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef with chopped bell pepper until the beef is cooked through. Drain off any excess fat. Add the minced garlic, thyme, seasoning, Dijon mustard, Parmesan cheese and chili sauce. Continue to simmer for another 5 minutes and stir.
- Spread the cooked ground beef mixture over the pie shell then spread the grated cheddar cheese over the beef.
- In the same skillet sauté the onions in the butter until they are soft and just beginning to brown, this should take about 15 minutes. Spread the cooked onions over the cheese in the pie dish.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs and cayenne pepper with the half and half, then pour the mixture over the onions. If the mixture starts to overflow then just add as much as you can and discard the remainder.
- Bake this on the bottom shelf of your oven. Bake for about 15-20 minutes at 425Â° degrees then reduce the heat to 350°F and bake for another 20-25 minutes or until filling is set.