Hot Pepper & Pork BurgersBy burrger • Dec 13th, 2007 • Category: Burger Recipes
Try these pork burgers for a more meaty flavor. These burgers are loaded with jalapeño peppers and smoked cheddar cheese.
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound spicy sausages
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Tabasco/hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup smoked cheddar cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Coleslaw topping
- 4 thin slices smoked cheddar cheese
- 4 sourdough rolls
- Open up the sausage casings with a knife to get to the meat and combine well with the ground pork in a large bowl. Add all but the coleslaw and cheese slices and mix well to make sure the flavors are evenly distributed and that the sausage meat is broken up.
- Shape the mixture into 4 patties and grill for 4 minutes each side and until the juices run clear. Serve on the sourdough rolls topped with a creamy coleslaw and melted cheese slices.