Hot Pepper Relish RecipeBy burrger • Dec 12th, 2007 • Category: Burger Recipes
Warning: This is an extra Hot Pepper Relish recipe made with fresh scotch bonnet or Habanero peppers – it is only suitable for those that can handle very intense heat! Take a look at out other relish recipes if you want something a little cooler.
Ingredients for 2 cups:
- 2 cups chopped chile Scotch Bonnet or Habanero peppers
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pickling salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- To prepare the chili peppers wash them and remove the stems. Split the chili peppers in half length ways and remove the seeds. Now chop them until they are finely chopped, you can leave some larger pieces for an extra chunky relish. are the consistency of pickle relish.
- In a small saucepan, combine the chopped peppers, vinegar, salt and sugar and bring to a boil. The vinegar should cover all of the chili peppers or at least 90%. Simmer the mixture for about 5 minutes.
- Now spoon the cooked relish into heat proof jars and secure the lids. Let the mixture refrigerate overnight and you are ready to go.