Indian Curry Chicken BurgersBy burrger • Dec 10th, 2007 • Category: Burger Recipes
The traditional Indian curry powder will transform these chicken burgers into an exotic treat; and the warmed Indian naan bread will go down a treat too.
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder
- 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh mint leaves
- salt and pepper
- olive oil for greasing
- 1/4 cup any Indian chutney (mango, pineapple, lemon)
- Indian Naan bread or pitta bread
- Mix the ground chicken, half of the sour cream/greek yoghurt, onion, 1 tablespoon of the curry powder and 1 teaspoon of the mint in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and shape into 4 patties.
- Pan-fry the burgers in a large skillet greased with a little olive oil. Flip once and cook for about 4 minutes each side.
- Whisk the remaining sour cream/yoghurt with the left over curry powder and mint. You can heat the naan/pitta bread as instructed on the packaging.
- Serve the burgers on the warm naan with the sour cream mixture and chutney on top, add tomato, lettuce and chopped onion to taste.