Mexican Cheeseburger Soup RecipeBy burrger • Dec 12th, 2007 • Category: Burger Recipes
This Mexican Cheeseburger Soup Recipe uses some traditional Mexican ingredients to really give the soup a boost of flavor. Our Mexican Cheeseburger Soup Recipe serves 6.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 cups corn tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- Sauté the ground beef and chopped onion in a large skillet over a medium heat. Mix the beef to prevent it sticking to the pan, cook until its browned all over. Drain and set aside.
- For the main cooking use a slow cooker, Crockpot, or large pot. Place the cooked beef and onion mixture into the pot, add the taco seasoning, tomato sauce, drained kidney beans and drained corn. If using a slow cooker, cover and cook on low setting for 90 minutes. If using a large pot then cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes. Stir the soup occasionally during cooking.
- Ladle the the soup into individual bowls and top with tortilla chips, cheese and green onions.
Mexican Cheeseburger Soup: try adding a chopped jalapeño pepper before cooking.
- Original Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Bacon Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Extra Rich Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Asian Style Burger Soup Recipe
- Cheesy Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Minestrone Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Burger Patty Soup Recipe
- Easy Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Spicy Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Mexican Cheeseburger Soup Recipe