Original Cheeseburger Soup RecipeBy burrger • Dec 12th, 2007 • Category: Burger Recipes
This Cheeseburger soup recipe is a tried and tested favorite that you can rely on time and time again. Don’t be afraid of chopping and changing a few ingredients around to suit your own tastes.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3 1/2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery stalk
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces American cheese / Velveeta, diced
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- Sauté the ground beef and chopped onion in a large skillet/pan over a medium heat. Mix the beef to prevent it sticking to the pan, cook until its browned all over. Drain and set aside, we will use the same skillet next.
- Sauté the chopped celery, chopped carrots, parsley and basil in 2 tablespoon of the butter in the skillet. When the carrots are tender, add the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Now add the diced potatoes and cooked beef and simmer gently for 10-12 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- In a separate small skillet melt the remaining butter, stir in the flour and cook through until it combines. Whisk in the milk and cook until the whole mixture thickens and becomes smooth. Add this to the soup and bring to the boil one more time.
- Reduce the heat and mix in the cheese and season. When the cheese has melted remove the pot from the heat.
Original Cheeseburger Soup: serve with a spoonful of sour cream in each bowl.
- Original Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Bacon Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Extra Rich Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Asian Style Burger Soup Recipe
- Cheesy Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Minestrone Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Burger Patty Soup Recipe
- Easy Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Spicy Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Mexican Cheeseburger Soup Recipe