Pecan BurgersBy burrger • Jul 21st, 2008 • Category: Burger Recipes
Like your burgers with a little nutty crunch? These Pecan Burgers should do the trick.
- 1 pound of hamburger meat
- 5 tablespoons of chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 hamburger rolls
- Oil and butter for cooking
- To get the most flavor into our Pecan Burgers we are going to roast the pecans on the stove first, we recommend buying whole pecans and chopping them yourself.
- Heat a heavy bottomed skillet over a high heat, throw in the chopped pecans and cook for 2-3 minutes. You should see a change in color slightly as the pecans roast and begin to release some of their natural oils. Remove and set aside.
- Now combine the hamburger meat, chopped onions and bell pepper, parsley and seasoning in a large bowl and mix well, then mix in the roasted pecans.
- Shape the mixture into 4 patties with your hands and fry in a little oil for 4-5 minutes each side making sure the meat is fully cooked. These Pecan Burgers are perfect for the barbeque because those pecans roast up even better.
Pecan Burgers tip: If you really want to go gourmet then try throwing in a couple of teaspoons of Pecan Oil to the meat mixture.
These burgers are great to serve to your guests to see if they can guess the mysterious ingredient.