Salmon PattiesBy Tina • Dec 14th, 2009 • Category: Burger Recipes
Here is a “burger” recipe that uses salmon in the patties. Fresh salmon works best, but you can also try frozen and thawed salmon fillets.
- 2 1/2 pounds king salmon fillet, skinned and de-boned
- 1 cup cubed, dry bread
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Prepare the salmon by cutting into strips, making sure all bones are removed, and chopping the fish until well minced.
- In a large bowl, mix the minced salmon with bread, onion, mustard, horseradish, and eggs. Season with rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Form the salmon mixture into 8 burger patties. Lightly coat each patty with olive oil.
- Place salmon patties on the grill, and cook 4 or 5 minutes on each side.
The salmon patty burger gives a little variety from the summer beef version. Both are great in the own right, but appreciated separately too!
If you enjoyed these salmon patties, take a look at this Tuna Burger recipe.