Spicy Stuffed BurgersBy burrger • Dec 13th, 2007 • Category: Burger Recipes
Spicy beef burgers with a special melted cheese and hot jalapeño stuffing. Stuffed burgers are a real treat for burger lovers.
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 4 tbs dry bread crumbs
- large pinch of paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 fresh red chili pepper, finely chopped
- 4 slices pickled jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix the ground beef, onion, egg, hot pepper sauce, and bread crumbs in a large bowl. Season with the paprika, salt, and pepper.
- To make the stuffing, mix the shredded cheese, red chili pepper, and jalapeño pepper in a separate bowl. Form the beef mixture into 4 balls, and press a well in the center of each. Stuff with equal amounts of the cheese mixture. Press meat around filling to seal.
- Arrange on a baking sheet, and press gently into thick patties. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, turning once or until well done.