Sweet and Juicy Pineapple Bacon BurgerBy Tina • Oct 5th, 2009 • Category: Burger Recipes
The Chinese can have sweet and sour in their meat, so we can do it as well! Here’s an all-American version of a sweet and sour (OK, not really sour) hamburger made to tempt any taste bud.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup sweet or spicy barbecue sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced pineapple
- 8 slices bacon
- In a large bowl, combine hamburger and barbecue sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape mixture into 4 large patties.
- Place a slice of pineapple on top of each and then layer 2 bacon strips crosswise over each burger. Use a toothpick to hold in place.
- To cook, place burgers on grill over medium heat until cooked through.
Serve your sweet and juicy pineapple bacon burger on buns with more barbecue sauce, lettuce or even soy sauce if you desire.