Sweet and Peppy Peppered BurgersBy Tina • Dec 31st, 2009 • Category: Burger Recipes
Some people love their burgers smothered with mushrooms and Swiss cheese. Other people prefer a hunk of onion and American cheese. This burger recipe is for people who love peppers!
The peppers can be mild or medium, depending on how you like your hotness.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons sweet red pepper relish or canned peppers
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow or Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated red onion
- Combine all ingredients and mix lightly. Shape into 3 or 4 burgers.
- Grill, broil, or pan grill the burgers for about 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or to desired temperature.
The burgers go great when adding cheese, lettuce, bacon, tomatoes and even an onion. To offset the heat of this burger, you can serve with guacamole on top.