Sweet Chili Sauce RecipeBy burrger • Dec 12th, 2007 • Category: Burger Recipes
An excellent homemade sweet chili sauce recipe that is packed full of Asian style flavors and it won’t blow your head off with heat. A great topping for any Asian themed burgers. Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe Makes 3-4 cups.
- 5 large red chilies
- 10 garlic cloves
- 4 thumbs of fresh ginger
- 8 lime leaves
- 3 lemon grass stems
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3.5 fluid oz cider vinegar
- 1.5 fluid oz Asia fish sauce
- 1.5 fluid oz Tamari
- 4 tablespoons water
- De-stem the chilies, peel the ginger and garlic.
- Place the chilies, garlic, ginger, lime leaves, lemon grass stems and cilantro in a food processor and blend to a coarse paste.
- Heat the sugar with the water in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves. Then turn up the heat and boil the syrup until it turns to caramel, this should be around 5 minutes. Stir in the paste mixture and bring back to the boil.
- Now add the cider vinegar, fish sauce and tamari and bring to the boil again and simmer for 2 minutes. Pour into sterilized jars and allow to cool before enjoying.