Texas Turkey BurgersBy burrger • Dec 11th, 2007 • Category: Burger Recipes
These Texas Turkey Burgers are absolutely packed with flavors which shows that turkey burgers can be tasty as well as healthy. Juicy bell peppers and Fajita seasoning give the turkey an extra boost of flavor.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 3 teaspoons fajita seasoning, divided
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- salt, to taste
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers
- cooking spray
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and lightly coat with cooking spray. Sauté the chopped onion and bell peppers for around 5 minutes or until tender. Halfway through stir in 1/2 teaspoon of the fajita seasoning and a pinch of salt. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Now combine the cooled onion and bell pepper mixture with the ground turkey, tomato paste, remaining fajita seasoning, bread crumbs and egg white. Mix well with your hands.
- Shape the mixture into 4 patties and fry in the skillet for around 4 minutes each side.
- Top with cheese and serve. To make the most of these Texas Turkey Burgers you should top them with sour cream, salsa and sliced avocado.
Texas Turkey Burger Tip: try adding chopped cilantro to the turkey mixture.
The McDonalds Game
Turkey Burger Recipes: