Thai Chili Sauce RecipeBy burrger • Dec 12th, 2007 • Category: Burger Recipes
A Thai Chili Sauce recipe using authentic Thai ingredients and lots of fresh birds eye chilies. Thai Chili Sauce Recipe Makes 3-4 cups.
- 9 Birds Eye chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 thumb of fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan combine the chopped chilies, sugar, water, rice vinegar, paprika, garlic and salt. Bring to the boil then simmer gently until the sugar dissolves and the mixture begins to thicken to form a syrup.
- Now add the Thai fish sauce and lime juice and simmer for another 1 minute.
- Transfer into a jar and cool before serving.
Try putting this on top of our Thai Burgers.