Tomato Relish RecipeBy burrger • Dec 12th, 2007 • Category: Burger Recipes
This Tomato Relish Recipe is sweet and tangy and will go great with a wide range of burgers. Try this tomato relish recipe if you don’t want a relish that is too spicy.
Ingredients for 8 servings:
- 6 cups of fresh chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of celery seeds
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- To prepare the tomatoes peel them by soaking them in boiling water for a couple of minutes, the skin should peel off easier. Remove the seeds and chop them.
- Combine the sugar, vinegar, celery seeds, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes, onion and green pepper. Store the relish in an airtight container in the refrigerator overnight.