Venison Bacon Burger RecipeBy Tina • Oct 8th, 2009 • Category: Burger Recipes
It’s almost hunting season for many places around the country, and you should know what that means! Venison.
Lots of venison to use in this venison bacon burger recipe. The bacon adds the right amount of flavor to keep the venison from tasting dry or gamey.
6 slices bacon, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 shallots, minced
2 pounds ground venison
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1 egg, beaten to mix
6 hamburger buns
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until browned and crispy.
- Pour bacon and grease into a heatproof bowl and allow to cool.
- Heat olive oil in skillet then add garlic and shallots. Cook and stir until softened, then add to bacon.
- When cool, mix in venison, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt, pepper, and egg until evenly combined.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Shape into 6 patties and grill to desired wellness.
The venison burgers go great on wheat or deli buns with a touch of mayo, some lettuce, tomato, onion and mustard.