Cucumber Onion Relish RecipeBy burrger • Dec 12th, 2007 • Category: Burger Recipes
This cucumber onion relish recipe is perfect for the summer to help cool down any meal. Try this relish with a burger loaded with lots of iceberg lettuce. Makes 3/4 Quart of Cucumber Onion Relish.
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Use a large glass jar or a bowl with an air tight lid. Mix the slices of cucumber and onion together and place them in the jar/bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the vinegar, water, sugar and salt; mix well until the sugar has dissolved. Now pour this mixture over the cucumber and onion slices.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 or 2 days before serving.