Garlic Chili Sauce RecipeBy burrger • Dec 12th, 2007 • Category: Burger Recipes
An excellent Garlic Chili Sauce recipe that will satisfy all of you garlic lovers. This is a very HOT garlic sauce so beware! Garlic Chili Sauce Recipe Makes 2-3 cups.
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 dry red chilies, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 thumbs of fresh ginger, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1.5 tablespoon corn starch
- salt to taste
- Combine everything but the sugar and corn starch in saucepan and heat gently. Simmer over a medium heat until everything is cooked, this should take about 10-15 minutes. Add a couple of tablespoons of water if the mixture is too dry.
- Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool a little. Transfer it into a food processor and blend it to a smooth paste or however you like it.
- Now return the mixture to the sauce pan and add the corn starch (dissolved in a little water) and sugar. Simmer until the garlic hot sauce begins to thicken. Transfer to jars and cool.
Love garlic? Try putting this garlic chili sauce on top of our Garlic & Onion Burgers.