Gourmet Stuffed BurgersBy burrger • Dec 10th, 2007 • Category: Burger Recipes
These Gourmet Stuffed Burgers are extra special because they have a gourmet stuffing of Roquefort cheese and butter; they also have roasted garlic blended into the ground beef patty.
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 head of garlic
- 2oz. Roquefort cheese
- 2oz. unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of cracked black pepper
- 4 burger buns, toasted
To roast the garlic:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F. Peel the dry outer layer of skin on the whole garlic head and chop off about 1/4 inch off the top to reveal part of the cloves.
- Coat the garlic with olive oil and place it in a 10 inch square of foil and drizzle the rest of the olive oil over the top. Wrap the foil loosely around the garlic to form a parcel in which the garlic has room to move.
- Place on a tray and cook in the hottest part of the oven for 25-35 minutes. Once cooked allow them to cool for a while then remove the individual garlic cloves from any skin and pulp them with a fork, add a little olive oil to help. Set the mixture aside.
Now the burgers:
- Blend the roquefort cheese with the butter and mix in the chives, set aside. Take 3 teaspoons of the pulped garlic and combine it with the beef and season with salt.
- Shape the beef mixture into 4 patties about 1 inch thick, divide the cheese and butter mixture into 4 balls.
- Make a deep indentation in each patty with your thumb and place a ball of the cheese mixture in it, fold the beef back around the cheese until it is covered and sealed.
- Sprinkle each beef patty with 1/2 teaspoon of the cracked black pepper. Grill, pan-fry or bbq the burgers to your 4-8 minutes each side for well-done.
- Serve with lettuce, tomato and a dressing and cheese of your choice.