Hamburgers With WalnutsBy Tina • Dec 25th, 2009 • Category: Burger Recipes
Do you like a little crunch in your burger that doesn’t involve charring? Try making it with a bit of walnuts in the sauce. This delicious burger recipes uses walnuts to add texture to an awesome burger.
This burger is easy to make and if you aren’t a fan of walnuts, simply omit from the recipe.
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- mayonnaise and/or sour cream
- chopped walnuts
Optional toppings include tomato slices, cheese, lettuce, and onion slices.
- Combine ingredients and mix well.
- Shape into 4 patties and grill over hot coals 8 to 10 minutes on each side.
- Serve on buns with toppings. Add 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise or sour cream, along with a sprinkling of chopped walnuts.
These recipe gives you the crunch you need without the added blackened flavor of the usual burger!