Jalapeno Relish RecipeBy burrger • Dec 12th, 2007 • Category: Burger Recipes
This Jalapeño Relish recipe is full of heat and sweetness from the strips of jalapeño peppers. It’s a hot relish but is cooled down by the onions, carrots and sugar.
- 1/3 pound of fresh Jalapeño peppers
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 1/3 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 pound of yellow onions
- 1/4 cup of carrots
- 1 teaspoon dill seeds
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- Combine the apple cider vinegar and sugar in a large saucepan and mix until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- To prepare the jalapeño peppers you should remove the stems and seeds and cut them into 1/4 inch strips, slice the onion and carrot into 1/4 inch strips too.
- Now add the jalapeño peppers, onions and carrots to the saucepan with the dissolved sugar. Bring the whole mixture to a boil. Add the mustard and dill seeds and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Let the relish cool and store it in airtight jars then refrigerate overnight.