Jalapeno Sauce RecipeBy burrger • Dec 12th, 2007 • Category: Burger Recipes
This Jalapeño Sauce recipe uses lots of tomatoes and roast jalapeño peppers – perfect for Tex-Mex food.
- 1 lb fresh tomatoes
- 3-4 Jalapeño peppers
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- salt to taste
- First roast the jalapeños and tomatoes under a very hot broiler for around 5 minutes each side, the skin should blister and turn black. Cool then peel the tomatoes whilst collecting the juices. Roughly chop the jalapeños. Now throw these into a food processor and blend to a course texture.
- Now in a deep skillet or saucepan sauté the chopped onion in the oil for around 8 minutes or until browned. Throw in the tomato-jalapeño mixture and cook on a high heat for 5 minutes so the mixture sizzles and reduces.
- Now add the broth, vinegar, cilantro and salt and simmer gently for around 15 minutes. Cool before serving.
Jalapeño Sauce Tip: add a tablespoon of sugar for a sweeter taste.
Stress Relief Games
Chili Sauce Recipes: