Perfect Turkey BurgersBy burrger • Dec 11th, 2007 • Category: Burger Recipes
Turkey Burgers have a reputation for being dry and flavorless, so in this turkey burger recipe we have chosen the perfect additional ingredients to give extra flavor and extra moisture.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of french herbed bread crumbs
- 1/2 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil, for cooking
Perfect Turkey Burger Recipe Method:
- Simply combine all of the ingredients with the ground turkey in a large bowl and mix well. If the mixture is too sticky or sloppy then add some more bread crumbs until it becomes firmer.
- Shape into 4 patties with you hands and lightly coat them with the olive oil, this will prevent them from sticking during cooking.
- Grill/Fry the burgers until cooked through, usually 4-5 minutes each side.
- These are best served on any crusty bread with a layer of garlic mayo and your choice of salad.