Tex Mex BurgersBy burrger • Dec 13th, 2007 • Category: Burger Recipes
These Tex-Mex Burgers bring the flavors of Mexico to an all American classic. Served in a tortilla wrap and loaded with fresh tomato salsa.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 cup Spicy Tomato Salsa
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 soft corn tortillas
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine the ground beef, jalapeño, 1/4 cup of the salsa and salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix well. Make sure you wash your hands after handling the jalapeño peppers.
- Shape into 4 patties that are a little thinner and wider than usual so they fit into the tortillas better. Broil or grill them for 4 minutes each side or until the meat is cooked through.
- Heat 2 tortillas at a time in a microwave for 20 seconds on full power. Arrange each of the burgers on a warm tortilla and top with avocado slices, shredded cheese, and the rest of the salsa.