Thai Special BurgersBy burrger • Dec 13th, 2007 • Category: Burger Recipes
Classic Thai ingredients give this burger a real twist. Its the cilantro, lime juice and scallions that make the difference. Makes 4 Thai Burgers.
- 1 lb 2oz lean minced beef or pork
- 8 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 chili, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/5 lb salted peanuts
- large bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, zest and juice only
- salt and ground black pepper
- Place the scallions, chili, garlic and peanuts into a food processor and blend until finely chopped. Tip the mixture into a bowl and mix well with the pork or beef, cilantro, zest and juice of lime and plenty of seasoning.
- Shape the mixture into burgers and if you have time chill until ready to cook.
- Cook under the grill or shallow fry for 4-5 minutes each side.